ATTENTION DRIVERS!! 2023 Registration is now Open.
Payments will NOT be accepted through the office. ALL payments are to be made through our online store.
Office is Open for enquiries/ upon appointment. For all other enquiries please contact the the Speedway Office at 613-475-1102 or by email at email@example.com.
$25.00 Mandatory Registration Fee
$75.00 Pit Spot*
*Drivers have until March 1st to Register and keep their number and Pit Spot. After that, Pit Spots will be open to any on the wait list.
*Drivers must have paid their registration fee to be eligible to secure a Pit Spot.
Don’t forget! All Late Model, Canadian Modified, Pro Stock and Comp 4 / Mini Stock Drivers MUST have a MyLaps Transponder and RACEceiver. These are available for purchase from the Speedway Office.
Brighton Speedway Park encourages all drivers, pit crew and fans to support the sponsors of this great sport of ours. We all need to make a special effort and encourage others as well to support the sponsors of the race track for without them Brighton Speedway Park would not be here for us to enjoy.
Mandatory Waiver for Pit Access
We are currently transitioning to a NEW and MANDATORY online waiver to access the restricted pit area at Brighton Speedway. We are aware this can be a big change for some of you, as it also is for us.
Once, your online waiver is completed you will NEED to save your proof of waiver. You can save this by screenshotting the image or by clicking “save options” and emailing it to yourself and printing the waiver off. This proof MUST be shown weekly to get into the back gate (example: the image I have attached).
To complete the minor portion of the waiver please “tick” the box stating “I am signing on behalf of a minor”. Follow the same steps as an adult waiver, the minor, and legal parent(s) and/or guardian(s) must each sign and take their image for the minor waiver to be valid.
Reach out to us if you need any support or guidance during this process.
Last Updated: March 9, 2022
Note: Electronic Timing and Scoring began May 4, 2013.
Records are retrieved from MyLaps Speedhive
SUPER LATE MODEL
Fastest Recorded Lap: 13.205 seconds- Shane Clanton (June 20, 2015 – Time Trial)
Time Trial Track Record: 13.205 seconds- Shane Clanton (June 20, 2015)
10 Laps- 2:25.154 – Rick Eckert (June 17, 2017)**
50 Laps- 24:10.000- Josh Richards (June 20, 2015)
PRO LATE MODEL- CRATE
Fastest Recorded Lap: 13.640 seconds- Charlie Sandercock (April 29, 2017- Time Trials)**
Time Trial Track Record: 13.640 seconds- Charlie Sandercock (April 29, 2017)**
8 Laps- 1:55.893- Tyler Rand (August 20, 2016)
10 Laps– 2:31.054- Kyle Sopaz (August 8, 2016)
12 Laps- 3:06.655- Charlie Sandercock (September 28, 2013)
30 Laps- 7:41.838- Phil Potts (August 23, 2014)
50 Laps- 15:27.158- Charlie Sandercock (July 15, 2017)**
Fastest Recorded Lap: 15.126 seconds- Curtis King (September 11, 2021- Hot Laps)**
Time Trial Track Record: 15.154 seconds- Andrew Hennessy (June 29, 2019)**
5 Laps- 1: 24.361- Curtis King (September 24, 2016)
8 Laps- 2:06.413- Adam Whaley (June 1, 2019)**
10 Laps- 2:46.694- Derrick Greig (May 21, 2016)
25 Laps- 7:04.541- Mike Lucas (June 6, 2015)
30 Laps- 8:19.560- Shawn Gregory (August 8, 2015)
50 Laps- 26:05.902- Shawn Gregory (September 11, 2021)
Fastest Recorded Lap: 16.261 seconds- Doug Anderson (April, 29 2017- Heat Race)**
Time Trial Track Record: 16.540 seconds- Wade Purchase (June 29, 2019)**
8 Laps- 2: 17.586- Justin Ramsay (June 15, 2019)**
20 Laps- 6:24.553- Adam Turner (August 29, 2020)**
25 Laps- 11:39.068- Doug Anderson (June 10, 2017)**
50 Laps- 30:11.240- Wade Purchase (September 21, 2019)**
Fastest Recorded Lap: 17.660 seconds- Tommy Bailey (September 19, 2020- Feature)**
Time Trial Track Record: 18.173 seconds- Adam Flieler (July 2, 2016)
8 Laps- 2:26.746- Adam Flieler (August 17, 2019)**
15 Laps- 4:22. 614- Adam Flieler (August 12, 2017)**
20 Laps- 6:17.401- Adam Flieler (May 5, 2018)**
Fastest Recorded Lap: 17.803 seconds- Travis McLean (September 24, 2021)**
Time Trial Track Record:
8 Laps- 2:35.805- Anthony Rinaldi (August 7, 2021)**
15 Laps- 5:09.310- Anthony Rinaldi (August 28, 2021)**
20 Laps- 16:34.202- Fabio Olivieri (September 24, 2021)- CHECK
360 SPRINT CAR
Fastest Recorded Lap: 11.876 seconds- Chris Jones (September 3, 2016- Hot Laps)
Time Trial Track Record: N/A
8 Laps- 1:41.076 -Glenn Styres (September 5, 2015)
20 Laps- 4:32.914- Chris Jones (August 31, 2013)
25 Laps- 6:06.296- Dylan Westbrook (July 9, 2016)
WINGLESS 360 SPRINT CAR
Fastest Recorded Lap: 15.885 seconds- Chris Jones (September 6, 2015- Race)
Time Trial Record: N/A
15 Laps- 4:11.644- April Wilson (September 4, 2016)
CRATE SPRINT CAR
Fastest Recorded Lap: 12.871 seconds- Mack DeMan (August 18, 2018)**
Time Trial Track Record: N/A
8 Laps- 1:54.408- Eric Gledhill (September 4, 2021)**
25 Laps- 11:33.257- Jacob Dykstra (September 4, 2021)**
DIRTCar 358 MODIFIED
Fastest Recorded Lap: 13.973 seconds- Gary Lindberg (September 26, 2015- Hot Laps)
Time Trial Track Record: 14.137 seconds- Gary Lindberg (September 26, 2015)
8 Laps- 1:58.374- Erick Rudolph (September 20, 2014)
10 Laps- 2:31.679- Corey Wheeler (September 24, 2021)**
Fastest Recorded Lap: 14.477 seconds- Johnathan Ferguson (September 23, 2016- Hot Laps)
Time Trial Track Record: 14.520- Eric Carelton (September 25, 2021)**
6 Laps- 1:40.096- Derek Cryderman (September 24, 2016)
8 Laps- 1:59.499- Gary Lindberg (September 29, 2014)
30 Laps– 10:46.992- Bobby Herrington (September 24, 2021)
Fastest Recorded Lap: 15.840 seconds- Jim Boggett (June 28, 2014- Heat Race)
Time Trial Track Record: N/A
8 Laps– 2:11.222- Jim Boggett (June 28, 2014)
*Data accumulated by Clayton Johns
** Data accumulated by Hannah McCrory
2023 EVE OF DESTRUCTION - stay tuned
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2023
Event Day Admission $35.00 – Everyone entering the Pits on this day will be subject to this entry fee. Season Passes are not valid for this event.
Follow this link below to complete the online registration form ***PRICING SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Pro Late Model
The Pro Late Models features an affordable, durable crate engine option and other rules to keep the cost of racing in check. After a 10-year hiatus the Late Model Division brings new character and exciting action to our tight 1/3-mile bullring. The drivers are competitive, creative and dynamic as they thrill the fans each and every week. The Pro Late Models returned to Brighton Speedway in 2010 under DIRTcar sanctioning. At the start of the 2015 season, the Pro Late Model division aligned under RUSH Late Model sanctioning. Starting in 2022, the Pro Late Models will be NLMA (Northeast Late Model Alliance) sanctioned. For more information regarding the Northeast Late Model Alliance Series, visit www.nlmaracing.com.
The Canadian Modifieds are the second fastest division at Brighton Speedway and put on a fast-paced weekly show packed with excitement. These open wheel 350 ci. V-8 powered cars became a full-time class at the speedway in 2001 and have since become a fan favourite. Canadian Modifieds are purpose built race cars with very little factory stock parts used in their manufacturing process. The specifications of this class were derived from an IMCA style car although some modifications were made to make them unique to Brighton Speedway and affordable to competitors.
Thunder Stock racecars are designed on a factory stock chassis with a stock appearing body. This class provides some of the most exhilarating and competitive racing at the speedway. Drivers have the option to run a BSP built GM/CHEVY 350 C.I two-barrel carbureted type engine or the more common option of a 602 GM Crate engine with ODCC sealing. The V-8 350 C.I. powered street stock-style cars have race on Hoosier Racing Tires and select few other racing modifications. These racing modifications convinced management to change the name of the longest running class at Brighton Speedway from Street Stock to Pro Stock in 2002. Starting in 2019, the division was then renamed to Thunder Stocks and follow the Ontario Dirt Competition Committee Thunder Stock rules.
Comp 4On any given Saturday night, some of the biggest thrills happen in a Comp 4 race. This class is based on domestic and imported 4-cylinder vehicles that have been a long time crowd pleaser. It has also been the source of the speedway’s highest car counts in any division. Don’t let their size fool you. These little cars can turn a pretty hot lap and they have a ton of fun doing it. Some of the more popular brands in this class may be the Honda Civic or CRX, the Toyota Celica, Ford Mustang and the always-beloved Chevrolet Chevette.
A division similar to the Comp 4 division, the Mini Stocks bring an affordable option to the amateur individual participating in racing cars. The Mini Stock drivelines and suspensions must remain factory stock, while the Comp 4 division has the ability to “play” with certain adjustable suspension components. These 3 or 4-cyl race cars follow a uniform set of rules under the Ontario Dirt Competition Committee, to allow the option for drivers to travel and compete at participating tracks across Ontario. For more information regarding the ODCC Mini Stocks
Six Cylinder Stingers
Six Cylinder Stingers are for the ultimate weekend warrior that is interested in racing but doesn’t want the budget or commitment of a full-time racer! This class races on a bi-weekly basis. It is an exciting affordable way to get new people involved in the sport. The cars are 6 cylinder front wheel drive cars that race for trophies only. Points are kept and awards are given out at the year-end banquet. There is a claim rule in effect to keep the cost of the cars down. On any night, a driver, crew member or even a fan can purchase any car on the track for $900.00. Stinger drivers can win bonus prizes and awards throughout the year for best appearing and best themed cars.
With sprint car racing in Ontario becoming more and more popular, Brighton Speedway now has 3 different sprint car series that make an appearance to our 1/3 mile. Sprint cars provide fans with some of the most exhilarating, fastest and exciting racing anywhere in Ontario. The Southern Ontario Sprints and Knights of Thunder Series run the ever so fast 360 C.I engines. While the Action Sprint Car Tour offers a more affordable option of running a 602 GM Crate converted to run methanol or ethanol fuel. Their visits to Brighton are capped off by the annual Labour Day Classic Weekend, a double header for sprint cars on both Saturday and Sunday of the Labour Day Weekend. For more information, visit: www.southernontariosprints.com, www.knightsofthunder.com, www.actionsprinttour.com.
VantasticsThe Gord’s Water Vantastics appear a couple of times throughout the season. These mini vans put on an entertaining and sometimes crazy show. With entertainment in mind the drivers are all motivated to be crowd pleasers and they aim to complete laps while stick handling any of the crazy obstacles officials may throw at them! Not only is it wild and crazy but the Vantastics are not limited to only one driver. Competitors can put as many people in their racing vans as they want provided they have roll bars and racing seat belts for each participant in the van.
Endurance racing happens once a year at Brighton Speedway at the ever so popular annual Eve of Destruction. The Eve of Destruction hosts 3 different endurance divisions of Juniors (Ages 14-17 with no race experience), Ladies and 100 lap Monster enduro. This is a very affordable option for anyone to participate in a day of racing and destruction.
School BussesSchool Busses made there debut at the Speedway in 2004. They were a huge success provided racing that was filled with action and excitement. The School Busses provide wild and crazy racing action with 14 -18 busses circling the 1/3rd mile clay oval twice a year.
The day’s events are as follows in the order below:
- Junior 25 Lap Enduro (Ages 14 to 17 with NO race experience)
- Ladies 35 Lap Enduro
- School Bus Heat Races
- Hotch’s Autoparts 100 Lap Enduro 4 & 6 CYLINDER CARS ONLY
- School Bus Feature Event
- 15 Lap Trailer Race
- 10 Lap Flag Pole Race
- Long Jump Competition
- The Brighton Recycling Demolition Derby
**Additional Safety Rules**
Driver safety is our number one priority and we will refuse poorly built or excessively rotted cars.
- 2 wheel drive cars only.
- Engine and bolt on components are to remain Stock to car being raced. (Excludes air filter and tube).
- No flashing lights on cars.
- 18″X 18″ fin to be mounted on roof or trunk lid with car number displayed. Must be able to be read from stands seating.
- No poor installations of seats or belts. Minimum of four 3/8 bolts if using aluminum seat, 2 on base and 2 on back support.
- A passenger may be allowed for trailer race providing there is a minimum 4 point race harness installed.
- A rubber floor mat is required to be secured above battery to prevent contact with hood on impact and to protect driver if mounted inside car. Battery may be mounted inside car in milk crate or approved battery box. 1 ratchet strap over battery minimum.
- All flammable materials must be removed except drivers seat and dash. No carpet, plastic or passenger seats.
- Sunroofs must have glass removed and hole covered with body metal.
- All glass MUST be removed from cars AND TRAILERS including signal and fog lights. Windshield is allowed but suggested to be removed.
- ZERO broken glass is allowed in cars. Not in trunk, floors or inside doors. Cars will be refused.
- No mirrors!
- NO cellphones or communication device.
- ONE bar may be added above or below existing bumper to protect rad. MUST NOT be any larger than 2″ square. Must not stick out further ahead than bumper. Only one support on either side to connect to added bar but can not extend more than 10″ behind bar.
- Front and rear plastic bumper covers must be removed.
- 2 chains (or cable)from bumper attached to main body, front and rear. NO SWINGSET CHAINS.
- ALL wheel nuts/bolts are mandatory on every tire. No aluminum wheels on passenger side of car.
- Safety screen must be installed on driver half of front window opening. Plus two 3/8 (minimum)upright support bars.
- Hoods must have factory latch removed and replaced with hood pins or seat belts. NO WIRE!
- NO V8 ENGINES ALLOWED for enduros.
- Fuel tank. If it’s loose or leaking, doesn’t pass. May be left in stock position as long as straps still good and it’s ahead of rear axle. If remounted in trunk, it must be placed as far forward as possible. Must close off trunk area with body metal. NO fuel lines to be rerouted through inside of car.
- NO E-BRAKES.
- Air bags in steering wheel removed.
- Tires- No lug style tires. Maximum tread with is 9 inches. M&S allowed but no snows.
- Exhaust may be cut off but must be in place to rear of driver and wired up so doesn’t drag on track. Please remove mufflers.
Radiator is to remain in stock location under hood.
**-Safety items-fire extinguisher (optional)mounted securely, gloves, coveralls or fire suit. Foam neck collar or better such as Necksgen are highly recommended and MAY be mandatory next year.
Please do not show up to race and have a car full of glass, junk, tires etc. If your car is not ready for tech when tech starts, you may be pulled from your current starting position and made to start scratch.
NEW – best appearing awards will be given out including best themed cars.
- Note: THERE WILL BE A CHANGE IN REGISTRATION COSTS!
- All drivers are responsible for providing their own scorers for the 100 Lap Enduro. If no scorer is provided your finish will not be recorded.
- Any 2 Wheel Drive car. (If compact car is used, it must be braced inside.)
- All glass and flammable materials must be removed.
- One bar (hoop) permitted in front of the Radiator but behind the body lines. Cannot be tied into the frame or reinforced with any lateral bracing.
- No outside re-enforcement allowed.
- Maximum 9″ tires (tread width). No race tires. No studs. No Lug Style Snow tires.
- If inside door or roof is cut out, re-enforcement pipe must be in place for safety.
- No trucks, 4-wheel drive vehicles or station wagons.
- Car must have full body.
- Car number must be 18″ high and clearly visible on the passenger side door.
- No Flashing lights of any kind.
- Stock engine and components.
- Lap and shoulder belts. 5 point harness is recommended. Seat belts must be fitted to the driver with the shoulder harness locked in place by a bolt of tape. Seat must be solid to the floor.
- Full faced helmet required.
- Gas tank must either be in the trunk strapped with at least 2″ strapping with a firewall between driver compartment and trunk OR if the fuel tank is under the rear seat in front of the rear axle it may remain provided the straps are in good shape and the tank DOES NOT LEAK.
- All doors must be welded shut and chained when possible.
- Metal mesh (chicken wire) wind screen mandatory in front of driver compartment. Maximum 1” square holes.
- Must wear full pants and shirts. No t-shirts and shorts. Fire suits are recommended.
- Plastic Bumpers and foam bumper inserts must be removed from the car entirely
- Remaining steel bumpers must be chained to a solid body member.
- Must have all wheel nuts on all studs on all wheels.
- Quick release hood and trunk If fuel tank is in the trunk: no nuts & bolts, keys or latches.
- The first car to complete the designated number of laps is the winner.
- Starting position will be determined by the order that the cars are checked in the pit area on race day, pre-registered drivers will have priority placement.
- Cars must hold their position until green flag is displayed.
- Yellow flag will be used to rescue cars and drivers that are stuck during the race and pulled in the infield. The remainder of the cars will hold position and laps will count. Passing under yellow could lead to the driver being docked laps.
- The red flag will be displayed if the track is blocked and racing cannot continue. All cars must stop.
- Cars will be allowed to enter the pits for repair and re-enter the racing surface only when the official indicates that it is safe to do so and only under green or yellow conditions.
- The starter will indicate with rolled and crossed flags the mid point of the race. The white flag will indicate the last lap.
- The starter will black flag and disqualify any car and driver with leaking gas tanks, or unnecessary rough driving and pushing.
- A special area will be reserved for the scorers of the 100 Lap Enduro in the front grandstands. Each participant of the 100 Lap Enduro must provide TWO Scorers. No Other Race requires scorers. On race day the Scorers will follow the instructions of the HEAD SCORER.
- A mandatory meeting for all Drivers and Scorers will be held on race day.
- Brighton Speedway Official Scorers will have the final determination of winners.
- No drugs permitted or use of alcoholic beverages permitted outside of the Licensed Area in Harry’s Place in Turn 4.
- Cars will be teched from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm for each race. Teching stations will be closed after this time. If a car does not pass a Safety Tech Inspection, there will be NO REFUNDS.
Pit Gates open at 7:30 am, Racing is at 1:00 pm.
THERE IS NO ENTRY BEFORE 7:30 AM! IF YOU WISH TO BE FIRST IN LINE YOU WILL NEED TO RESERVE A CAMPSITE. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO GET IN LINE BEFORE WE OPEN PIT LANE, YOU WILL BE PUT TO THE BACK OF THE PACK. IF YOU START YOUR CAR, REV YOUR CAR OR OTHEWISE AGGRAVATE OUR NEIGHBORS BEFORE 7:30 AM, YOU WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE.
Event Descriptions are as follows. PRICING SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!
Is a straight 30 Lap Enduro open to any 14-18 year old driver that has no Saturday night racing experience. The cars can be any eligible Enduro car and it may be raced in the ladies or the 150 Enduro, Juniors are also eligible to race in the ladies race (if they are female) or in the Hotch’s Auto Parts 150!
Registration Fee – $45.00
Purse ~ 1st – $75.00, 2nd – 40.00, 3rd – $25.00
MINIMUM OF 10 CARS OR PURSE PAY OUT DROPS
Is a straight 40 Lap Enduro open to any female driver. The cars must be any eligible Enduro car and it may be raced in the Juniors or the 150 Enduro, Ladies are also eligible to race in the Juniors race (if they are under 18) or in the Hotch’s Autoparts 150!
Registration Fee – $45.00
Purse ~ 1st – $100.00, 2nd – 60.00, 3rd – $30.00
MINIMUM OF 10 CARS OR PURSE PAY OUT DROPS
Hotch’s Auto Parts 100
Is a straight 100 Lap Enduro open to anyone with a vehicle that meets the Brighton Speedway Enduro Rules & Regulations.
Registration Fee – $45.00
Purse ~ 1st – $500.00, 2nd – 300.00, 3rd – $125.00, 4th – $75.00, 5th – $50.00
MINIMUM OF 40 CARS OR PURSE PAY OUT DROPS
Open to any driver and any Enduro Car, Mini Van, Small SUV, Jeep or Small Pick Up and is a 15 lap race. In order to be declared the winner your trailer must still be attached to your car on the 15th lap when you cross the line. If you lose your trailer prior to the end of the race you are allowed to continue racing and try to remove your competitors trailer.
- No pintle type hitches or no homemade style hitches, must be a standard ball and coupler type hitch.
- Ball may be attached to the trailer in any manor however cannot stick out past the rear bumper more than a standard ball would
- No semi-trailers, or semi-trailer axles or tires
- If your trailer includes a boat or anything of that nature fuel and fluids must be drained from the boat
- We encourage boats, furniture or any other original trailer ideas
Registration Fee – $20.00
Purse ~ 1st – $100.00, 2nd – 50.00, 3rd – $25.00
PLUS a bonus for the most original Trailer.
Flag Pole Race
Open to any driver and any Enduro Car or Mini Van and is a 10 lap race. There will be a flag pole set up on the front straight and all cars must circle the flag pole each and every lap. If a competitor misses circling the flag pole on any lap he or she will not be scored that lap.
Registration Fee – $20.00
Purse ~ 1st – $100.00, 2nd – 50.00, 3rd – $25.00
The Long Jump Contest!
The Long Jump Contest is as simple it sounds. There will be a dirt jump built in the infield. Contestants will have a standing start one at a time to try and get their best jump! Each contestant will get two attempts with their longest jump counting. The jump will be reasonable and similar to the one many of you saw us use for the Dukes of Hazard Jump in 2009.
Registration Fee - $20.00
Purse ~ 1st – $100.00 To the Winner
The Brighton Recycling Demo Derby
This Demo Derby is open to 4 and 6 cyl cars with a maximum wheel base of 107”. Complete car rules can be found on Brighton Speedway’s web site at BRIGHTON RECYCLING DEMO DERBY
Registration Fee - There is no registration fee for this event, Registration has been covered by Brighton Recycling.
Purse ~ 1st – $300.00, 2nd – 125.00, 3rd – $75.00
Remember in ALL events that deliberate intent to personally injure someone or deliberate hitting in the driver’s door is strictly prohibited.
Please note that it is the driver that is registered and not the car, one driver can bring as many cars to the speedway as he or she feels like, or one vehicle can be shared between multiple drivers in the different events. However each driver is limited to one vehicle per event. We will give 10 – 15 minutes between events to allow for repairs to your vehicle if possible for the next event.
If you have any questions about any of the events please contact the speedway office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-681-1102.